POSITION TITLE: ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
JOB STATUS: EXEMPT
POSITION SUMMARY: The position requires an outgoing, positive and guest/associate focused individual who has a clear understanding of what exceptional guest service requires. This position is responsible for all front of house operations. Coaches, teaches, and trains associates on all guest related functions. Able to solve problems rapidly and fairly to ensure total guest satisfaction.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting the OP/GM in the selection and hiring of exceptional front of house associates.
- Responsible for associate scheduling and managing labor cost for the front of house.
- Responsible for the execution of established front of house-training programs.
- Responsible for an exceptional bar operation.
- Responds, investigates, and resolves guest complaints quickly using the L.A.S.T method.
- Grows revenues and profits through community involvement and a dedicated desire to satisfy our guests.
- Assists in maintaining the morale of all associates through treating them with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Reviews associates’ performance and documents disciplinary action as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate cash handling and adhering to established cash management policies.
- Assists the Operating Partner/General Manager in the execution of all areas of the operation.
- Responsible for exceptional front of house cleanliness and sanitation, ensuring compliance with all Local, State and Federal regulations. Must operate with an “A” health score rating.
- Knowledgeable of POS computer systems.
- Complete other duties as delegated by the Operating Partner/General Manager.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
- 2 Years of restaurant management experience
- Goals and objectives focused.
- Guest hospitality and associate focused
- High School Diploma/GED
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a semi regular basis.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and perform extensive walking.
- Exposure to wet floors, fumes/smoke, temperature extremes
- Must have the stamina to work a minimum of 50-55 hours a week.