The Kitchen Manager role is responsible for operational excellence, managing the operation of all back of house functions, ensuring flawless execution of our food, 100% food safety and exceptional restaurant cleanliness. Coaches, teaches and trains team members to accomplish goals and operation objectives, adhering to established food safety and preparation practices to ensure total guest satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the selection, hiring and training of back of house team members.
- Responsible for adherence to all recipes and execution of high quality food.
- Follows established line check guidelines.
- Responsible for team member scheduling and managing labor cost for the back of house.
- Responsible for implementing established back of the house training programs.
- Responsible for the back of house cleanliness and sanitation.
- Ensures catering orders are of high quality, filled accurately and on time.
- Follows established administrative practices, including processing invoices, weekly inventory, food and supplies ordering, and receiving of all products.
- Receives and checks orders to ensure that they adhere to specifications.
- Responsible for managing cost of food and labor to meet established goals.
- Understands and complies with food safety standards and all regulatory standards, i.e. health/fire inspections. Must operate with an “A” health score rating.
- Assists with maintaining the morale of all team members by treating them with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Reviews team members’ performance and documents disciplinary action as necessary.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Reviews team members’ performance and documents disciplinary action as needed.
- Complete other duties as delegated by the Operating Partner or General Manager.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
- 2 years as a Kitchen Manager of a full service restaurant
- Goals and objectives focused
- Guest hospitality and team member focused
- High school diploma/GED
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree, preferred
- ServSafe Food Manager Protection certificate, preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a semi regular basis
- Must be able to stoop, bend and perform extensive walking
- Exposure to wet floors, fumes/smoke, temperature extremes
- Must have the stamina to work a minimum of 50-55 hours a week
Fatz is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.
|Job Category||Back of House|