At Fatz, our people come first and we want the Right People staffed in our restaurants to continue building success. Hourly team members, the most important part of our team, are driven by passion and a commitment to a Perfect Fatz Experience for every guest, every time. Even better, Fatz commits to passionately supporting our team members in their career development. We offer training programs and a direct career path to management. Many of our leaders have been developed and promoted internally. Fatz is dedicated to community involvement through local and system wide fundraising. We take this commitment one step further by partnering with the National Restaurant Association Education Fund to create job opportunities, specifically training and nationally recognized accreditation for management positions, allowing for a stable career and reliable income. At Fatz, we treat our team like family. We have high hopes for your future and will do what it takes to help you succeed. One Team, One Goal, One Great Restaurant at a Time! As one of the most important members of our team, the Line Cook helps to deliver the perfect Fatz experience to our guests by preparing, seasoning, and cooking perfect food. The Line Cook is also responsible for cleaning and maintaining spotless kitchen areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follow plate specifications and recipes to prepare and cook soups, meats, seafood, sauces, vegetables, desserts, and other delicious food products.
• Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food handling practices.
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as smelling or temping with thermometers.
• Quickly and correctly portion, arrange, and garnish food.
• Regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and fryers.
Adhere to timing standards for all products and services. Complete other general line cooks tasks as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATION:
• 1+ years of experience working in preparing/cooking menu items in a restaurant kitchen.
• High school or GED, but not required.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English
• Must have clear written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
• Must be able to occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Fatz is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
This job description is a summary and not all inclusive of position duties and responsibilities.
|Job Category||Back of House|