Payroll /Accounts Payable Specialist
The desired candidate will have experience working with payroll processing and accounts payable. The candidate will have the ability to quickly learn and master computer software applications to input and process data and produce reports. This position requires the ability to meet deadlines and pay close attention to detail in order to ensure accuracy and validity. Ensure that employee payroll processing is in compliance with federal and state laws. Reviews, calculates and processes payroll changes and adjustments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, review, and approve Bi-weekly payroll processing for all restaurants hourly employees & salary positions.
- Reviews and balances completed payrolls for 2000 plus employees.
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, taxes, and deductions.
- Poll electronic time (Data Central software) and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
- Experience in accounts payable to include reviewing invoices and pay through software application (account reconciliation will be a plus).
- Validate and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services, ensuring transactions comply with financial policies and procedures. Code and enter into the accounting system for accrual and/or payment within stated terms.
- Computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical time and attendance data entries in preparations of team member payroll checks. Implement reporting standardization and efficiencies as needed.
- Validates bi-weekly cycle of garnishments. Balances general ledger garnishment accounts monthly & vacation time.
- Reviews/correct time/attendance and tips entries.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers. Processed new hires, rehires, terminations, direct deposit.
- Contact various department supervisors for any missed times.
- Interprets, classifies, processes and remits payments for team member garnishments. Prepares, mails and files court answers to interrogatories.
- Files weekly, monthly and quarterly payroll taxes.
- Processes 941 quarterly and year end filing.
- Prepares and executes state and federal payroll taxes.
- Runs reports as needed for Home Office Management.
- Prepares and process year-end W-2’s.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Job Requirements
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with payroll and 2 years’ experience with accounts payable.
- Previous restaurant experience preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
- Previous experience with Great Plains or similar accounting software preferred.
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes related to payroll;
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret court orders.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office – spreadsheet proficient (hardware and software).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with emphasis on customer service.
- Good time management skills.
- Analytical, problem solving, and judgment skills.
- Prioritizes and organizes work and activities.
- Accepts feedback in a professional and non-offensive manner.